|This article contains spoilers for the game's puzzles. If you'd like to solve them for yourself, you should avoid reading this article.|
The following is a walkthrough for completing the prologue of Detention. This chapter provides a basic introduction of the characters and core game mechanics.
This chapter opens with a cutscene of Wei falling asleep in class and waking up during a typhoon. The player gains control once the cutscene ends and Wei gets up from his desk.
- Exit through either the left or right door.
- There is a note on the desk behind yours.
- Walk all the way left or right and take the stairs down
- When you find a large metal roll-up door about halfway between the stairs. Enter the door right next to it.
- Turn on the light by pulling the cord hanging from it, then take the crank on the shelf.
- Go back outside and open the panel between you and the roll-up door, then use the hand crank on it.
- Go through this newly opened door and downhill into the auditorium
- A zooming cutscene will play on the girl onstage before Wei walks in. If you want a story-based approach, you can go onstage and talk to her now, but for efficiency, continue past her to the left and enter the first door.
- Take the umbrella out of the bucket on the far left.
- Look at the fan, then use the umbrella on the object inside.
- Go talk to the girl onstage and give her the pendant.
- Exit the auditorium through the door to the left of the room you found the pendant in and walk left until you reach the river and trigger a conversation.
- After the conversations end, exit through either door and walk to the left until the screen turns black.